||A very traditional city, Gibraltar is basically a mix of British and Mediterranean norms and customs. Also known as The Rock, Gibraltar, is an overseas territory of the United Kingdom located on the southern coastal region of Spain at the entrance to the Mediterranean Sea. A beautiful city, there is a lot to explore in Gibraltar. So that you have a lovely vacation without any hassles we have mentioned a few Gibraltar Travel Tips.
With all these travel information on Gibraltar we hope that you will have a wonderful time on your Gibraltar trip.
- An excellent destination for adventurers, Gibraltar is high on awe inspiring caves and tunnels.
- Being a British colony, people of Gibraltar prefer to be called Gibraltarian or 'Llanito'. Do not mistake them for Spaniards.
- The residents of Gibraltar speak English and Spanish.
- AIf you have to buy anything from any of the Gibraltar shop either carry Euros or US dollar. The Gibraltar pound is pegged to the UK pound sterling at a 1:1 conversion rate. The UK pound can be used liberally in the city of Gibraltar. However, notes and coins of Gibraltarian are not deemed as legal tender in UK.
- Avenue that runs parallel to the Main Street is crammed with many chic and stylish bars, restaurants and lounges that purvey yummy food at reasonably priced rates. If you prefer to sit in the open air then simply head for Casemates Square where you will find many restaurants that serve equally delicious meals.